What to do if a person is either sleeping rough or is in danger of becoming homeless
- If already rough sleeping, establish exactly where they will sleep that night
- Contact the Outreach Team online at streetlink.org.uk as this ensures your call is registered. Their local telephone number is 01865 304611.
- If they are at risk of becoming homeless, advise them to contact the Outreach Team, or do this on their behalf.
- This applies to anyone, regardless of age, gender or nationality.
- Do not make any promises, just tell them what you are going to do.
- It is unwise to give money.
- Encourage the person to use day services at Gatehouse or Steppin Stone (details below)
Day services are available from:
Gatehouse, St Giles’ Parish Room, Woodstock Road – open 6 days a week, closed Saturday
Hours: Monday – Friday 5.00 pm – 7.00 pm
Sunday 4.00 pm – 6.00 pm
Hot drinks, sandwiches, soup, cake all free of charge
Steppin Stone, Magdalen Road, – open 6 days a week, closed Sunday
Hours: 12.30pm – 2.00 pm and 4.30pm – 6.00 pm
Lunch and an evening meal served at these times. There is a small charge for the meals.
and an evening meal served at these times. There is a small charge for the meals.